Skip to main content

Stamp Storage Made Easy

Yep, here is my entire rubber and clear stamp collection... about 300 stamp sets in all.  None of my stamps are on wood.  If I purchase a stamp that is attached to a wood block with foam, I am quick to remove the rubber from the foam, adhere the rubber to a piece of EZ Mount cling foam,trim and place in a cd case.  Luckily many of my favorite stamps are already mounted on cling foam so there is no wood/foam removal.  The stamps shown in the cd case below were all ready to place in a cd case!!!  Shown is Graphic 45/Hampton Art's Magic of Oz II set with Stampendous' Count Jack and Mumpkin.  How do I know what's there so quickly you ask?

Well, once my stamps are in a case, I assign a number to the case (if you click on the top pic, it will enlarge and you should be able to make out the numbers that are labelled on each case).  I then stamp the images on a page in my stamp catalog which, along with the stamped images, includes the name of the stamp set and which cd case number the stamped image can be found in.  Not only does this allow me to CONDENSE my stamp collection for minimal storage, but now I can find ANY image I want to use in a matter of seconds.  I just refer to my catalog, pick my image and VIOLA, the cd case number is listed right there.  I go to that cd case, pull my stamp and I'm off to the races!!!! Here is a sample of what one of my image catalog pages looks like:



The best part of this storage system is that ALL of my stamps are mobile!!!  No more digging for the stamps and struggling to pack them to take with me to crops.  Each cd case holds one layer of cling mount rubber stamps OR two layers of clear stamps because the clear stamps are thin (one layer inside the front cover of the cd case and one inside the back cover).

Any cd rack or bookshelf will work to store your stamps, I just prefer to have mine accessible on the wall so that they are up and out of the way.  The less surface space that I have to give up to storage, the better.  The cd racks that I'm using are from IKEA and run about $5.99 each (I have 2).  The binder was in the clearance rack at Staples for about $2.00 and the cd cases came from Big Lots and were about $3 per pack.  I would guestimate that I bought about 8 packs of cd cases.  You can probably find them cheaper online.  Just make sure you are getting the normal (large) cd cases.... the kind that music cd's come in.  The ultra thin jewel cases DO NOT hold stamps.  I made that mistake....

Ok, that is it for today's post.  I'm hoping this helps someone who is struggling with a quadrillion stamp sets that need to find a home!!!  Catch you all next time!

Comments

Krista said…
I just LOVE this method for storing stamps!!! Has mad a huge difference in me actually USING my stamps. :)
You and Krista... the most organized girls I know!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!! You both are gonna come to my house on Saturday and want to fix and organize my space! I just KNOW it!! LOL!!!!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th