Skip to main content

Hope vs. Desire

Ok folks... today's the day!!!  Today's the first day of the 90 day Curves Complete program and my emotions are in overdrive!!!  Now, I've known FOREVER that a healthy, strong body begins in the mind.  I cannot tell you HOW many times I've read article after article about the brain being the largest muscle in the body that needs the most training, but you can KNOW information that never quite makes it to your heart.  THIS is where I really need the work!  But today I think I'm on the verge of a breakthrough!

So as I was perusing the internet in search of inspiration to carry me through the next 90 days of Curves Complete I ran across THIS gem from Muscle and Fitness Hers:  Master Your Mind

And that AMAZING article sparked a full-on Bible study that was desperately overdue!!!  So to start things off, the Bible very clearly points out that knowing without doing is NOTHING!!!

James 2:17 - So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

I'd say that was pretty straight forward!  Ok God, I'm establishing where am I.  I'd like to work on where I'm going...

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

Alright.... so I don't really need to have a plan in place, I just need to work, and commit it to the Lord.  CHECK!  But what work if I don't have a plan?  HAVE A GOAL!!!

Habakkuk 2:2 - And the Lord answered me:  Write the vision; make it plain on tablets so he may run who reads it.

Job 22:28 - You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you, and light will shine on your ways.

Awesome!!!!  So what then?  I have the goal but still no plan!  What am I supposed to be working on?

Romans 12:2 - Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wonderful!  So my job is to continue to learn, and to test.  Seriously, I feel like I've been doing that all along.  All the different diets and exercise programs, all the articles and professionals I've talked to... I've done my fair share of "renewing my mind" and "testing"!  Why am I still finding myself back at square one???  Why have I not mastered my metabolism???  HOPE vs. DESIRE

Proverbs 13:12 - Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

So I just haven't gotten it yet?

Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Nope... I just don't have it yet.  If I had it, this post would not be getting written.  At what point am I going to take it?  How much more testing and renewing and hoping and praying am I going to go through before I say enough is enough, suck it up and truly DESIRE mastering my body?  According to the Bible, it doesn't get harder than that.  I just need the desire... not hope... desire.  I'm going to be looking into that over the next 90 days or so.  I'll get back to you.  Feel free to chime in on what you think the difference is between hope and desire.  Something tells me this "test" is going to get very interesting!!!

Comments

You CAN do this!! I know you can!! I have seen how your face lights up when you are talking about this journey!! I have faith in you!! Hope to me is a dream of it happening and Desire to me is the "fire" in you to make it happen!!

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.

THE Spectrum Noir Blog Hop You Don't Want To Miss!!!

Welcome to the very first Spectrum Noir Blog Hop EVER! And we are celebrating BIG TIME!!! Wait till you see what's up for grabs!!! Wait till you see all the amazing projects the design team put together for YOU!   If you are new to blog hops, simply visit each of the blogs below in the order shown and leave a comment on each designer's post finishing the hop at the Spectrum Noir Blog. Danielle Leann Angelique Linda Jennie Louise Kristine Marcea Taylor   Suzanne Cyndi Wendy Jacqui Spectrum Noir Blog When you arrive at the end, be sure to leave a comment on the Spectrum Noir  Blog telling us one fun new thing (tip, trick, interesting combination of colors, etc) you learned about the Spectrum Noir markers while hopping with us this week.  A random winner will be drawn using random.org at 9:00 AM GMT, Saturday, June 23, 2012 and posted at  Spectrum Noir .  The winner will have one week to claim their prize and will win a full set of 72 Basic Spectr