Skip to main content

I Want A Boy With Brains

Hey guys!  Welp, here I am with my FIRST official guest designer post for Tickled Pink Stamps and the August releases that are SOOOOOOO up my alley!!!  So first up is Zombie Girl Kellita!  What an awesome image to color!!!  Kellita and all the upcoming images this week will be available at Tickled Pink Stamps on August 15th (the 14 for those of us here in the US) and TRUST ME.... you are going to want them ALL!!!

Now, with this awesome design team spot  and coloring these awesome images, I thought I would take this opportunity to share my take on Copic saturation with this Tickled Pink line.  Since these images contain some great surface coloring area, I thought these would be perfect to show that you really can deposit a good amount of color WITHOUT wasting your ink with unreal Copic saturation.  Heavy saturation is when the alcohol ink of the Copic marker fills up the paper fiber and bleeds through the back (sometimes making the back look like the front!).  The "bleed" is actually the magic of Copic markers, but in my opinion, too much bleed equals wasted product. This is something I teach EXTENSIVELY in my Copic Coloring Palooza, but I wanted to share a bit about it on my blog too.  So instead of me babbling on about it, let me show you!

The pic above is the back of the Zombie Girl Kellita after I finished coloring her.  You can see that there are definitive areas of saturation.  The one area that I circled is actually where I just pressed the green marker nib into the paper and watched the color spread.  I knew without ever looking that the color was going to be seen very clearly on the back of the paper.  Same thing was true with her shorts.  I ended up doing a little "scrubbing" (also covered in my Copic Technique class), and with a dark blue, I just KNEW I was going to have some saturation.  A little bit of saturation can't be helped sometimes, but I ALWAYS strive for the back of my paper to be CLEAN.  As you can tell by the finished card at the top, plenty of color deposited on my project.  I achieved the desired blend of color I was after and I didn't waste a ton of ink trying to saturate my paper.

Ok folks!  That does it for me with the first sneak peek of the new Tickled Pink line that will release on August 15th.  Click HERE to check out what the Pink Ladies turned out!  Be sure to stay tuned for my second sneak peek in a couple of days and more on Copic saturation as I'm posting pics of the backs of ALL the colored images I complete with this new line!

Comments

Creepy Glowbugg said…
Are you kidding me?! She is amazingly drawn and expertly colored! I cannot wait to see the rest of the images!!
Lol!!! That is soooooooo funny!! I loveeeeeee it!! CONGRATS on the GDT! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Cor* said…
oooooooooooo gloriously creepy! love your design and coloring is phangtastic even without the bleed. What paper do u use, cuz (even though I only use copics for faces) I ALWAYS get bleed. Tons of it!! What' s the best paper do u think! TFS!
Karyn S said…
What a fun card - the sentiments you use are very funny! I love Kellitas green skin. Congrats on your TPS Guest DT spot!
Eulanda said…
Hey you did a fabulous job of this card!! I luv luv how you colored her hair. And interesting read about bleeding Copics!! Thanks for the tip!!
Lori Barnett said…
EWWWW!!! She is gross!!! In a good way :) ROTFLMBO!!!!!!! I'm glad you are teaching about saturation in your classes. Really...the only time anyone needs to worry about saturation is IF they have an unwanted blotchy or streaky look on the front. Otherwise...it doesn't matter what the heck the back looks like. I never try to soak my paper...because it IS a waste of zombie juice.

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th