Skip to main content

Quite The Challenge


FUN CHALLENGE ALERT... this week's challenge over at Make It Colourful is to color on something OTHER than white cardstock, so I chose to stamp a candle!!! I used the Ornate Floral Scroll over at Make It Crafty and American Art Stamps' Zen 10 stamp to stamp this beautifully smelling vanilla candle! This was definitely an AWESOME challenge and I can't wait to see what everyone does with this. Click HERE to head over to the challenge and get some more inspiration from the rest of the Colour Addicts.... I know for a fact that they turned out some AMAZING stuff for this one!!!
Copics used for this project: E00, E33, E35, E39, E40, E49, R20, R22, R29, Y18, YG03, YG63. Thanx for joining in on the fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I really love this! I am going to make some gifts using this technique. Just wonderful! Lovely coloring too! hugs, Angela
Mary Lou said…
Unbelieveably Beautiful Danielle!!! You sooooo inspired me with this marvelous creation~~THANKS!!!
Hugz
Renkata said…
this is amazing.
Beautiful work.
This is seriously awesome! The rich earth tone colors are perfect for a candle and I can hardly tell it was made (instead of store-bought). I love that sentiment too... where did you find them? I've been looking for something to put on the scroll but all my stuff are more whimsy and looked out of place.
FitterTwit said…
Well DANG just Barbara... I DID forget to include the links for the stamps that I used. So sorry about that!!! I just went in and added them. HTH!
Yeah! That's perfect... now I'm off to go shopping! ;D
Sheila said…
Danielle, this is totally awesome girl! I wish my candles turned out this well :-(, I just couldn't get the depth of colour on the tissue paper that you got... you totally rocked this challenge.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Past 7 Days....

Burton-weenie Release Day 2

Today is day 2 of the Burton-weenie release for Simply Betty Stamps.  I'm kind of slackin today as I didn't create a card to show, but you DON'T want to miss the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G work the rest of the Dolls made!!!  I'm serious!  This stuff on day two blew me away!!!! So head over to The Burtonesque Dolls and show some love.... you'll be glad you did!  They ROCKED day 2.  Tune in tomorrow for day 3 of the Burton-weenie release, that one's pretty good too.  Psssst... I made a really cute one!  LOL!  ;) **As I said yesterday, all of the images from this line will be available for sale at Simply Betty Stamps on Friday, but feel free to check out all the other COOL stuff by clicking HERE .

It's A Great Day For A White Wedding

It has been sooooo long since I've designed with the wonderful ladies of Paper Vineyard's design team!  Getting back on the designing wagon has suddenly come so easy to me over the past couple of days or so... I've been designing up a storm.  Part of the reason for the sudden burst of creativity came from this little gem pictured below!  Just a little warning here... this post is VERY pic heavy!!!  Yep!  It's the DCWV Immortal Love stack I told you all about the other day (inspired by the Twilight Saga movies).  So with Breaking Dawn coming out later this year, the Wedding theme for today's challenge over at Paper Vineyard was SUPER easy.  I can clearly imagine what wedding goodies Edward and Bella would put together, what their wedding colors would be, etc.  Well, now you can see how this one just sort of made itself!  hahahahahahha! So my creation is the CD jacket for a wedding photo compilation; the template is...

Burton-weenies Sneak Peak Day 3!

Ok, so along with the sneak peek of the new releases (coming this Friday... I can't wait!), TODAY the Dolls are having a little challenge with Ellanor:  PUT ME IN A BURTON MOVIE!!!  Well, hopefully you can tell that I turned the new Ellanor stamp, from the upcoming Burton-weenies line, into Lydia from Beetle Juice (click on pic to enlarge)!!!  But I couldn't just stop there!!!  Our guest DT's played a little with Ellanor, so I had to have my fun too!  Check it out! I am DIGGIN this new line!!!!  I mean really... aren't these just so hip and cool?!?  Be sure to head over to The Burtonesque Dolls for more inspiration with the new Ellanor Burton-weenie and to get the deets on this challenge!!!  And join us tomorrow for more Burton-weenie-sneak-peek fun!