Skip to main content

Back In The Saddle

Well, here I am! Back after a hard couple of weeks, but I'm thrilled to have such an AWESOME crafty diversion (I REALLY needed it too)! So Make It Colourful is running a pretty cool challenge this week to create a monochromatic/vintage/photo project, click HERE to check out the details for the challenge and to see what the rest of the design team turned out (the projects are AMAZING!!!).

My project has that dreamy, Victorian feel to it featuring The Greeting Farm's Freaky Flutter digi as well as Make It Crafty's Open Window digi. For those who do not know, Make It Crafty's blog has THE BEST tutorials! To see how to layer two digis (like the two I'm featuring here), check out Make It Crafty's How To Use Your Make it Crafty Digital Stamps in MS Word video tutorial. For this project I also mixed the neutral, warm and cool grey Copic Markers... I've never done THAT before! I thought it ended up being a pretty neat effect. Everywhere I envisioned there would be color (i.e. the flowers and curtains) I used the cool greys to make them pop while coloring the surrounding wood of the window in the warm greys and coloring little Ms. Flutter in neutrals. It was a lot of fun and was exactly what the doctor ordered to get my creative juices flowing after so much time away from my beloved craft room. Have fun with this challenge folks... there's a really great prize up for grabs! :)

** Update: My niece is home now, thank God! She IS dealing with some cognitive issues, but we are hopeful that her young age will help with making a full recovery. Thank you ALL for leaving such wonderful comments and for sending well wishes... it meant a lot during this VERY hard time. As always, you guys are just so wonderful!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Danielle, I think you did a wonderful job with this challenge. Your coloring is fabulous and the images you used fit perfectly together. Have a great weekend! hugs, Angela
So pretty! Prayers are with your niece!
Marlene said…
This is gorgeous! Glad to see you're back.
Viv said…
Gorgeous card Danielle! Love these two images together and the colouring is perfect!
Glad you're inspired to get back into it! Viv xx
Chrissy said…
So glad your niece is home, and making her way back to being strong and healthy again.
Well, I really like this card.It is challenge I couldnt cope with, but you have perfectly.
Luv CHRISSYxx
Anonymous said…
Hello my sister! I LOVE the picture! It looks as if a pro did it! You know I am going to send you an email!!

Mercy!!!
Sheila said…
Danielle, this is fabulous love that window.. so much I just let it slip into my basket..lol.
Love the cools and warm greys on this they look awesome.
Hugs
Sheila xx
Giò said…
OMG!!!! Absolutely breath taking!!!
I love it!!
Happy Sunday, Giò
mycardz said…
Awww, what a perfect cutie for Zoe's window image! I love the matching sentiment and, of course, your awesome coloring! hugz, Mary
♥ Lydia ♥ said…
Just loving this card Danielle...and you've coloured it beautifully x
Carisa said…
this is stunning! i love these two images together. it's such a quaint scene. i'm glad your niece is home & doing better - sending prayers to you & your family.
Zoe said…
Oh Danielle I am sorry to hear about your niece. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS. I just love how you experimented with the three different tones and your thought process! hugs xxoo

Past 7 Days....

Curse You 21 Jumpstreet and Heed My Warnings

Ok, so I rented it and I loved it!!!  I hate that I loved it!  And I hate myself even more that I'm running out to buy it!  But watching this HILARIOUS movie remake reminds me of all the broken dreams and unanswered questions I was left with as a teenage girl while I manipulated and maneuvered my black and white TV antennae unavailingly to give me a clear picture of the hit Fox TV show. Back in 1987, Fox was a new station and did not come through very clearly on that trusty black and white and most nights it was as if my beloved Penhall was communicating to me from the other side through all that white noise.  Yes, I was in love with Officer Doug James Penhall and that teenage ritual would literally foreshadow the pain and heartbreak I would endure watching the end of 21 Jump Street the movie... and I'm STILL compelled to buy it.  If you haven't seen the movie yet, this post might come as a shock and should definitely be considered a spoiler for anyone readin...

Quite A Long Hiatus... But I'm Back!!!

What Happened????  I've been out of commission for a LONG time!  Well... there's a story!  Isn't there always???  Let me see if I can catch you all up quickly.  So once upon a time..... the real estate market crashed, this girl lost her career and started a blog to help focus on the better times that she knew HAD to be coming.  This blog helped distract, helped to focus and was an outlet for getting and doing things that money truly couldn't buy because she didn't have any to spend.  During this time I learned that I was strong, I was resourceful and, most importantly, I was capable.  But in looking back at this blog and the HUGE gap from my last post to today, I realized that I was grateful that I documented my journey and now wish I had never stopped.  So, back to the first question... what has been happening? 1.  I got my career back and actually landed my dream job. I have the UNBELIEVABLE honor of helping folks make their dre...

My New Adventure

I FINALLY got them!!!!!  My new Spectrum Noir markers arrived yesterday!!!  I'm super excited to be using these new alcohol ink markers and I'm even more excited for the privilege to play along with Spectrum Noir's design team!!! When I got the news that I had been accepted to the design team, I did a touch-down dance (seriously, I was like full-on in an end zone)... you can imagine how badly I wanted my hot little hands on these new toys.  And at around half the price of other alcohol ink markers, I knew that this new habit was not going to break my bank.  AND LOOK WHAT I DID WITH THEM. The images are from The Greeting Farm Sweet & Toxic set and the angel sentiment is from Tickled Pink Stamps.  The colors that I used for the adorable little girl were: Hair - EB8, TN8, TN5 and CR2 Skin- FS1, FS4, FS9 and PP4 Dress - DR7, DR5, DR1, CR6 and IG1 The colors I used for the boy: Hair - EB6, TN5, TN2 Skin - IG's Jeans - TB4, TB2, BGR4 Shirt - ??? (so...