Skip to main content

Martha Stewart Ruins Everything!



Ok, so here's another Halloween mani.... well, sort of. I wish I could show you all my nails like I usually do, but Martha Stewart ruined it!!!

You all know I'm a scrapper and said "scrapping" needs tools.... sometimes manly tools I might add. From pliers to drills, this crafting hobby COULD look like a mechanics garage in some circles. Well... there are RULES in those circles! First Rule: blades ALWAYS have safety caps that PULL off!!! Freakin Martha Stewart and her special craft knives with the lids that slide to the side to remove!!! Who would know you had to read instructions TO REMOVE A FREAKIN SAFETY CAP!?! Whatever! You can kind of guess where this is going.... I sliced my finger open trying to remove a safety cap from a Martha Stewart cutter thingy (that's the technical term BTW)! And of course I sliced the very middle finger on my left hand which is the hand I ALWAYS photograph for these blog pics of my nail art.... well, cuz I'm right handed.

This morning was quite a sight with me trying to finagle taking a pic using my left hand. GOD, WHY AM I NOT AMBIDEXTROUS?!? That is like some sort of super power! And I would totally use that power for good! I wouldn't kidnap people and write ransom notes with my left hand so no one would trace the handwriting back to me or rob a bank using my gloved left hand as a dominant hand for the heist... I swear!!! I would use my super ambi-powers for good, like holding a craft knife with my LEFT hand to remove a totally retarded safety cap, that doesn't come off like every other safety cap, only to suddenly slip and try to slice the middle finger of my RIGHT hand so that now I could take decent blog pics of uber-kewl Konadicures to share with all of you.... I swear! But then again, if I was ambidextrous I'd be able to take AWESOME pics with my left hand anyway so HUH! Never mind! :)

So here's my one-finger mani. Sorry you don't get to see the other digits, but clearly we can all agree that Martha Stewart ruined this for everyone. But so you know, I polished the tip with Creative's Rebel With A Cause and then stamped the image from M24 in Konad's black special nail polish. For info on a great deal for Konad nail stamping at O.C. Nail Art, CLICK HERE! :) Have a great Monday folks.... may Martha Stewart not mess up YOUR day! :)

Comments

Debra said…
LOL! Martha probably got some inside info that the side removable safty cap is the next "it" thing in tools. She loves inside info :)
L said…
Awwww sorry about your swatching hand. Damn that Martha Stewart. Curses!
DAMN that woman!!! safety cap my a**! LOL, I hope your ok!
Tina said…
Watched the you tube on the nail art. Wow! That is so cool. I had no idea something like that existed. How fun!
Oh I am so sorry that Martha Stewart ruined your blog today. I hope that you didn't do some serious injuring of your middle finger. Hope it heals fast. The one nail is really cool.
Krista said…
I knew MS was evil. Now I have proof!
Miss Mary said…
heehee too funny..but yah gotta love Martha!!

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp
Janiel/ janny said…
Well I think you should send Matha dear an email!! LOL......

Not funny but it is in a way..
hugs sweetie..
Janiel
Eulanda said…
Oh my gosh I just LOVE this!! I have 4 Kraftin Kimmie images that I haven`t had any time to use. DARNIT! Love the nails too!
Lori Barnett said…
Freakin' MARTHA! LOL!!!!

Past 7 Days....

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The BEST Copic Storage

**** HUGE HALLOWEEN GIVE AWAY... CLICK HERE !!!!**** Ok, so I've done posts in the past about various Copic storage solutions, but I was given THE MOTHER of all storage ideas by my friends Jennie Black and Krista Koenig!!!   Let me share with you the construction of the storage box and then I'll finish this off with the BRILLIANT solution my husband came up with.... cuz I married a GENIUS!!! What you'll need to create the AWESOME storage box pictured here is: 1 Double Deep Art Bin 1 plastic grid for ceiling lighting (found at your local home improvement store) 1 half inch thick wooden square dowel (also found at your local home improvement store) Dimensional adhesive squares Wire cutters or sheers Screws with corresponding drill bit Drill So I first cut the ceiling grid down to 19 squares by 19 squares using my wire cutters.   You will need two 19 x 19 sections of grid material.   The wire cutters went through the plastic material of the grid like butter and I

Twilighty Goodness Coming!!!

Alright you guys.... I PROMISE.... Twilighty blog candy IS coming!!!!  I've just been so bombarded the past few weeks organizing my craft room (and, ok, distracted is also a good word.  I've been going to the movies A LOT and have seen Breaking Dawn like four times which is a little creepy-excessive even for me) and getting ready for the upcoming events that I'm planning for the new year that I just haven't quite put together the Twilight goodies that I'll be giving away.  But I will put it together and get it posted very soon.  I think I might run this blog candy give away through January as sort of a New Years treat.... hmmmm.  Ok, so that's it.  This was a quick post, I know, but writing this post made me want to pop over to the Harkins website and view Breaking Dawn show times for tomorrow.  Uh, I might need a little professional intervention here.  LOL!  Swing back by tomorrow... I'm posting a little "dilly" on my new Kindle Fire (spoiler:  it