Skip to main content

It's Really a Question Of Science


I have been studying my Bible for years! So it's no surprise that when I sat down to run a list of blog topics I wanted to talk about, Bible studies were at the top. Don't get me wrong, I'm not preachy or what one would consider a "Jesus Freak", but I do believe in one Almighty Creator and believe that his son was my redemptive sacrifice to get to heaven. The REAL reason for this belief.... SCIENCE!

Now, to talk to me you'd never take me for a science lover of any kind. Those who knew me growing up would laugh in disbelief if you tried to convince them that I would ever LOVE Quantum Physics. I actually just had a little chuckle! But the more I learn about science the stronger my faith grows. Just going to church has never done it for me spiritually. I mean, I would learn scriptures to memorize, but that's as far as it would go. For a very long time I thought there was something wrong with me. How is it that so many christian friends have amazing stories of being overtaken by the Holy Ghost while I sit here wondering why I don't even possess a mustard seed of faith? It wasn't until someone explained the science of energy to me (specifically in the form of sound waves) that those memorized Bible scriptures popped into my head. And it all clicked! Years have gone by, struggles have occurred, misery over not "feeling the spirit" all culminated in this one amazing spark of, "evidence of God in my life!"

So, I finally understood two things. In Exodus 3 when God hears the cries of his people... YOU GUYS... He really hears our cries. The energy from sound waves travel FOR EVER! And while space is without air molecules for sound vibrations, it does not mean that the powerful energy is not traveling... amazingly enough space is also a vacuum... interesting. So do you want to know how powerful sound waves really are? Set a cylinder tube (cardboard tubes from paper towels works well) on top of two cans (one under each end of the tube) for height. Set up a candle next to one opening of the tube making sure that the flame is the same height as the opening. From the other end of the tube attempt to blow the flame out through the tube. You will not be able to. But tap on that same end of the tube and the sound waves will travel through the tube and blow the candle out. That from just a tap! Convinced there is a God? Convinced that he absolutely can hear you? The second thing I understood was that God does not always set off fireworks the minute you accept Christ as the Lord of your life. Sometimes you really do feel absolutely nothing (as was my case). Listening to others amazing stories of experiencing God in their life and being taken over by the Holy Spirit always made me want to TRY and be more spiritual. Based on others testimonies, I often wondered if I was really saved at all. What did they have that I didn't? What did they know that I didn't? So I studied my Bible in hopes of learning the mystic secret that would show God in my life. Well, today I'm glad that I did. Romans 10:17 - So faith comes from hearing , and hearing through the word of Christ. So reading my Bible laid the groundwork for God to show himself to me through science many years after I had actually been baptized. Now I experience Him all the time!

I believe today that I did not have faith when I was saved; I had hope. I came to a place in my life where I was consciously incompetent that there was something missing. No, not missing... under-developed and with salvation had the hope that the one who created my spirit would turn it around. At the very least get me in touch with it. So for any of you who are struggling spiritually, I say hang in there! Stay in your Bible. It doesn't matter how you feel or what you perceive in those around you. This is your journey. Besides, even without spiritual development, the Bible is a GREAT read. Great stories from romance to mysteries to suspense and there are soooo many translations out, that finding one that will bring those stories to life for you has never been easier.
Resource Sponsor ---> Discover 40 Bible Study Methods

Comments

NalaMom said…
I think you have amazing faith and have always had it... you were just the only one that couldn't "see" it. :)

Past 7 Days....

My Favorite Things Birthday Give-Away!!!

IT IS ON! Ok... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I get to give stuff away! And not just ANY stuff.... MY FAVORITE STUFF!!!! Well, not ALL my favorite stuff, but certainly my favorites for at least ONE of my obsessions: NAILS!!! Maybe next year for my birthday I will be giving away craft supplies and exercise equipment... that would be AWESOME!!! But, this year's birthday give-away is HUGE with my favorite nail and beauty products and is open to ALL my followers. You guys are the best and deserve the best, so here is what ONE lucky winner is going to score: The Prize Haul: Konad Nail Art Stamping Set - Coraline I (I am addicted to Konad and I LOVE this set) Konad Nail art image disc - M63 (A little something extra from Kathleen... thank you) Fragrance Oil Set, types: China Rain, White Linen, Obsession (I love these for my relaxing baths) Nail Aid Nail Treatment Set including: Pink Natural Growth Therapy, Instant Wrap, Clear Liquid Bandage, Cuticle Cure, Peeling Nail Intense Repai

Make It Crafty Blog Hop

Woo Hoo!!! Isn't this hop AMAZING!?! All the projects on this hop are incredible!!! If you are mid hop, you should be arriving here from Carisa's awesome blog, WELCOME! If you haven't started this hop from the beginning, you're definitely going to want to.... so many prizes in store!!! Click HERE to start at the beginning. Prizes Up For Grabs 1st prize - Rubber Collection (Peaches of Plenty, Petals and Palings, Daffodil Dell, Ivy Swing) 2nd prize - Whole Digital Collection (10 digital stamps) 3rd Prize - Four digital Stamps from the collection The hop will end Friday 24th and the main winners will be announced Christmas Day! Random winners will be announced at a later date. How To Play Along Along the way, look for puzzle pieces. They won’t be on every post so you need to keep an eye out for them. The puzzle pieces make up one of the NEW images. At the end of the hop there will be an email form where you can submit your answer. This is so that your answer is private.

THE Spectrum Noir Blog Hop You Don't Want To Miss!!!

Welcome to the very first Spectrum Noir Blog Hop EVER! And we are celebrating BIG TIME!!! Wait till you see what's up for grabs!!! Wait till you see all the amazing projects the design team put together for YOU!   If you are new to blog hops, simply visit each of the blogs below in the order shown and leave a comment on each designer's post finishing the hop at the Spectrum Noir Blog. Danielle Leann Angelique Linda Jennie Louise Kristine Marcea Taylor   Suzanne Cyndi Wendy Jacqui Spectrum Noir Blog When you arrive at the end, be sure to leave a comment on the Spectrum Noir  Blog telling us one fun new thing (tip, trick, interesting combination of colors, etc) you learned about the Spectrum Noir markers while hopping with us this week.  A random winner will be drawn using random.org at 9:00 AM GMT, Saturday, June 23, 2012 and posted at  Spectrum Noir .  The winner will have one week to claim their prize and will win a full set of 72 Basic Spectr