Skip to main content

Way To Go God!

I actually wrote this some time back, but am just now posting it. I found it while perusing Romans (thank you sista!) and thought it was very special and wanted to share. I really enjoyed "re-reading" it! I did do a little editing, but for the most part it's the original.

Way to Go God!

It's a funny thing about Matthew chapter 7. I have hung on to verse 7 for a very long time, and in recent review (and knowing verse 7 by heart) verse 11 JUMPED out at me.

Shortly after I was first saved and baptized, a VERY traumatic event took place in my life. To which, I reacted with definitive hatred for God for not answering my prayers (I even tore up a Bible). "Pray God's word" the experts and theologians will tell you.... yah, that's all well and good, but you must first UNDERSTAND his word. And I'm afraid that only time, experience, and in some cases the reading of His word a couple hundred times, will give you that.

So here I am today. Many years have gone by (I'm in much better standing in the God-relationship department) and I STILL read and reread chapter 7 with a little pang in my heart. For as time has passed, and I've experienced God's truly amazing grace, I have just relented to trust Him saying to myself, "I know that he says ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and it shall be opened unto you...(Verse 7)You have experienced how all things work together for good for those who love the Lord (Romans 8:28). While you are still sad that you did not realize what you asked for, what you sought so many years ago...God has his purposes and you are just going to trust him; be grateful. He has clearly blessed you with far more than you lost." But why didn't I receive what I asked for back then? I had hung on to verse 7 for so long. Yes, I have read ALL of chapter 7.... more than once. But honestly I never really heard anything beyond verse 7 for many, many years. My wishful brain had burned that scripture into my head following that horrific and wonderfully blessed event, that I have been blinded to what His word really says only remembering how deeply I had prayed verse 7. Here is verse 11 in Matthew chapter 7. Let's see if YOU can see what I had missed for far too long. Why it's coming to light now.... hahahahaha...only God knows.

Matthew 7:11 - If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

It's a funny thing about "good things" and God-only omnipotence. More times than not, we don't know if something (a decision, a person, an event) is good or bad until after we have made it through the windfall. And then after the "smoke clears" if it was good we know it was from God. If it was bad we know it wasn't, but God promises that if we stick with Him it will work together for good.

Well! A couple of things to note based on this epiphany:
A) God is DEFINITELY male.
1) When things work out right, leave it to a man to say, "Yah, I planned it that way."
2) When things go wrong, leave it to a man to say, "I can fix it."
B) You really couldn't ask for a better win-win.
1) If things go great, you're blessed.
2) If things "go to hell" you're blessed. Nice!

Sounds like God's the way to go! All these years, I put "blame" on God for me hearing only part of the message. I have spent a good many years (yes...I said that already, but it's THAT important...hahahaha) carrying this around. Oh, I've had good intentions. I realized very quickly that God was as wonderful as everyone said he was on my trip to AZ (I'll blog about that some day), but there was always just something in my heart....a little resentment I guess for not being given what I believed he promised. To find out now, that all along I was mistaken. He really did give me the good thing I asked for. Funny thing is, he gave it to me THROUGH that traumatic event! I really am very lucky. And I do trust Him. And I'm VERY grateful!

Resources Sponsor ----> http://tinyurl.com/ojco7q "Learn To Study The Bible"

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

Feeling Empowered

Yep... I've FINALLY discovered the MAGIC that is the Google Calendar!!!  I had NO IDEA that it actually synced to my phone!!!!  FREEDOM!  SWEET FREEDOM! Now for those of you who are NOT schedulers, let me tell you why schedules are so important and why this discovery, in particular, is so empowering to me. Schedules free your mind - when you get your thoughts out of your head and placed into some kind of order (or plan) on paper, your brain is not taxed with the job of remembering. Plans allow you to reach your goals quickly and efficiently - a plan maps out the best course to get you from point A to point B.  For example:  you know that you have to meet Judy on the west side of town for lunch, then be on the east side to pick up paperwork at the office, west side again to pick up flowers at the florist and finally north to pick up dry cleaning.  Well, planning your day allows your brain to go on auto-pilot.  All it has to do is follow the plan once it is made.  And the