Skip to main content

Feeling Empowered

Yep... I've FINALLY discovered the MAGIC that is the Google Calendar!!!  I had NO IDEA that it actually synced to my phone!!!!  FREEDOM!  SWEET FREEDOM!

Now for those of you who are NOT schedulers, let me tell you why schedules are so important and why this discovery, in particular, is so empowering to me.

Schedules free your mind - when you get your thoughts out of your head and placed into some kind of order (or plan) on paper, your brain is not taxed with the job of remembering.

Plans allow you to reach your goals quickly and efficiently - a plan maps out the best course to get you from point A to point B.  For example:  you know that you have to meet Judy on the west side of town for lunch, then be on the east side to pick up paperwork at the office, west side again to pick up flowers at the florist and finally north to pick up dry cleaning.  Well, planning your day allows your brain to go on auto-pilot.  All it has to do is follow the plan once it is made.  And the few extra minutes you took to THINK about your destination, an efficient route and set a plan means that you're meeting Judy for lunch and running to the florist since they are both on the west side before running north to pick up the dry cleaning and ending your day with running to the office to pick up the paperwork you need before heading home.  This plan is quicker, more efficient and flows allowing you to enjoy your day.  "When disposal of time is surrendered to chance, chaos soon reigns." ~ Victor Hugo

Best Laid Plans - Spending five minutes the night before will REALLY allow you to be on auto-pilot and enjoy a smooth day. You won't have the hustle and bustle first thing in the morning when your brain is still fogged from sleep.  You will also awaken with purpose right out of the gate and relieve a little stress and worry getting your day in gear.

A True Feeling of Empowerment - There are SOOOOO many things that we have absolutely NO control over.  How nice it is to set a plan, take control and accomplish some stuff.

Save A Ton Of Time - learning to THINK about accomplishing tasks, setting a plan and then how you will execute your plans really only takes a few minutes each night.  And when I say "a few", I really do mean it.  Gone are the days of writing a note to yourself that you then transfer to a day timer then cross reference with your to-do list, etc.  Oh no.... today I just input my "to do's" with "who to call" into my Google calendar and VIOLA!!!!  Everything is auto-populated onto my phone WITH alarms pre-set.  NICE!!!

And those few minutes you spend each night planning your day tomorrow saves you countless minutes the next day.  Get into a habit of planning your day, and you will get compounded time savings that you can then spend with your family or doing things you love.  Is anyone else excited about this Google Calendar discovery, or am I the last one to know about it???  Welp gang,  I'm WELL on my way to getting me some compounded time for myself.  Yep... EMPOWERED!!!  YAY TECHNOLOGY!!!

Comments

But it really should say ... lunch with JULIE ... not Judy :)
FitterTwit said…
Names have been changed to protect the innocent! ;)

Past 7 Days....

Another Oldie But A Goody

Oh how I missed you!  This is a mani I haven't done in quite some time and I JUST realized that it NEVER got posted on my blog the first time I did it.  I can't believe it!  It's one of my favorites... and NOT just because it's a Halloween mani (mostly, but not entirely).  I like it because of all the Konad image plates I get to use to create this wonderful Halloween collage on my nails!  So here it is for the first time here on FunandmentalChanges.com!!!  And check out my thumb.... My thumb is sort of an exception to the rest of the manicure because the scary jack-o-lantern is off of a "fauxnad" plate, but the rest of the Konad images plates are M3, M17, M18, C01, C04 and C05.  Wow.... that really IS a lot of plates!!! So my base coat is Nail Aid's Pink Growth Therapy, then one coat of Orly's Mirror Mirror and then the various images stamped in Konad's special black and white polishes.  I LOVE THIS ONE!!!  The inspiration for this ...

Great Things Come In Small Packages

A couple of nights ago I had the pleasure of going to a Joel Osteen event. His wife and kids were there, his brother Paul was there along with local ministers. I did not pay for my ticket and believe it or not, I was picked up in a white hummer with black tinted windows... "my limo", I called it. This event was literally given to me. I got to spend the evening with two of the most amazing women and we had a BLAST. With all of that to be so grateful for, I find that my sights are set on the greatest gift given to me that night.... Philemon 1:6 . I really hate admitting this, but I have never read Philemon and I don't know why (it's 1.5 pages for crying out loud!!!). I want to say that it's so small and easily missed, but that isn't a reason.... made even less of a reason since I have tabs that extend from my Bible that don't know 50 pages from 1.... no excuses. Honestly, BECAUSE it's so small, it really should not have gone unread. Could ANY book of the...

Banana Split

Okie Doke!  This week at Paper Vineyard, we were challenged to create a project inspired by the Banana Split pictured above.  Couldn't you just jump through the screen right now and gobble that up???  What I love the most about this banana split is the color palette!!!  I never thought I would EVER say that about ANY banana split!!!   These colors are just so inspiring!!!  So I created: DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT!!!???!!!  Honestly, I wasn't planning on creating anything as my plate is sort of full for the month, but Bo Bunny arrived at the store and I just couldn't help myself.  I was ALLLLLLLL over it!  I bought ALL the papers from the Et Cetera line (plus the buttons and trinkets) and then MOST of the papers from the Double Dot Designs!!!  These lines are AMAZING!!!  There were also goodies from the new Christmas line, but I finally had to stop looking and walk away.  OMGosh, these lines ROCK!!!  So a...