Skip to main content

The Chocolate Factory Gets Creepier!


After more than a month off from design team creations, I get to jump back in with both feet over at The Burtonesque Dolls featuring a project inspired by one of my favorite Tim Burton movies.... Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!!!  There is NO denying that Tim Burton's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory is a creepy version of the original film (that's why I love it), but the factory is about to get a little creepier as Strange Skin takes over.  Strange Skin is our sponsor for this challenge!

This time you're challenged to take your inspiration from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, but Monster-ize it! Maybe a new chocolate can be made? Or use colors inspired by the movie and apply it to a Gruesome image making it fun, funky and all Burton!  The winner of this challenge will get to pick TWO digis from the Strange Skin online store.  Click HERE to enter and to see how the rest of The Dolls used these uber-fun monsterific Strange Skin images in this challenge.

So, I used the Just Bitten image.  I had a whole story in my head of how this young girl gets a golden ticket and heads to the factory only to get bitten by a rabid vampire oompa loompa.  Since they all look identical, Wonka is surprised that he missed the blood-lust, pale skin and transformations into flying creatures that should have made the culprit stand out among the rest.  Even more so, Wonka contemplates the actual size of a vampire demographic that would LOVE a blood-flavored Everlasting Gob Stopper.  He briefly ponders the resources required to expand the new flavor only to scrap it and move on while the rest of the oompa loompas sing about a girl who should know better than to be undead. 

Anywhooooo.... that seemed like something that would require much more polka dot paper than I had on hand, so I shortened the whole thing to a sentiment that reads, "Realizing something horrific had occurred at the factory the night before, Wonka scrapped the blood-flavored Everlasting Gob Stoppers."  Here's a close up of the vampire girl... she was REALLY fun to color!!!


Have fun with this challenge you guys.... I sure did!

Comments

Soooo fun!! And I think I recognize a few things on there! *wink* This turned out AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
DonnaMundinger said…
Your story is a hoot! LOVE the shortened version on your fabulous card. Still chuckling. xxD
Krista said…
just so everyone knows, she's waaaaayyyyyyy cooler looking in person! and it's pretty damn cool lookin' online!
Creepy Glowbugg said…
Gorgeous! I love the back story too!
Rosa Witten said…
Awesome! Love the story to go with it, you are just too cute!
Alison said…
I just adore your backstory on the card! Fabulous sentiment! You rocked this challenge, and I got such a kick out of it!

Past 7 Days....

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The BEST Copic Storage

**** HUGE HALLOWEEN GIVE AWAY... CLICK HERE !!!!**** Ok, so I've done posts in the past about various Copic storage solutions, but I was given THE MOTHER of all storage ideas by my friends Jennie Black and Krista Koenig!!!   Let me share with you the construction of the storage box and then I'll finish this off with the BRILLIANT solution my husband came up with.... cuz I married a GENIUS!!! What you'll need to create the AWESOME storage box pictured here is: 1 Double Deep Art Bin 1 plastic grid for ceiling lighting (found at your local home improvement store) 1 half inch thick wooden square dowel (also found at your local home improvement store) Dimensional adhesive squares Wire cutters or sheers Screws with corresponding drill bit Drill So I first cut the ceiling grid down to 19 squares by 19 squares using my wire cutters.   You will need two 19 x 19 sections of grid material.   The wire cutters went through the plastic material of the grid like butter and I

Twilighty Goodness Coming!!!

Alright you guys.... I PROMISE.... Twilighty blog candy IS coming!!!!  I've just been so bombarded the past few weeks organizing my craft room (and, ok, distracted is also a good word.  I've been going to the movies A LOT and have seen Breaking Dawn like four times which is a little creepy-excessive even for me) and getting ready for the upcoming events that I'm planning for the new year that I just haven't quite put together the Twilight goodies that I'll be giving away.  But I will put it together and get it posted very soon.  I think I might run this blog candy give away through January as sort of a New Years treat.... hmmmm.  Ok, so that's it.  This was a quick post, I know, but writing this post made me want to pop over to the Harkins website and view Breaking Dawn show times for tomorrow.  Uh, I might need a little professional intervention here.  LOL!  Swing back by tomorrow... I'm posting a little "dilly" on my new Kindle Fire (spoiler:  it