Skip to main content

Not All Pinks Are Created Equal

So it hit me yesterday that I never showed everyone what my Thanks a Latte card looks like, so at 12:30 this morning I loaded my paper, cut the gypsy cut file and 10 minutes later ended up with this beauty....

Only this beauty doesn't look as good in the photograph!!! What the heck!?! This pink looks coral in this pic. It's actually a pretty rose color and compliments the carmel cardstock beautifully in real life. I threw this through the Cuttlebug with my dots embossing folder. Please note, this cut file was created PRE-layers option on the Gypsy. The heart was added "after the fact" as a layer... there's also a flower and a swirl that I interchange depending on my mood. Those cute little additions are not in this original cut file but can be easily added. Here's how:

1.) After saving the original cut file, open it and find a heart or flower that you would like to add to the cup.
2.) Add the item you choose to the mat and place it where you would like it to appear on the cup.
3.) Once positioned, and while it's still highlighted blue on the screen, tap the group button (square and circle in a box icon) once and the remaining cup with frame image once (the cup with frame is already welded, so it is actually one piece already allowing the entire image to highlight with one tap of the stylus).
4.) Tap the group button again to group the heart/flower to the rest of the image and tap the "Advanced" tab located in the top right corner of the screen.
5.) Tap the weld button (icon located above the eye icon appearing as a star/circle/square in a box).
6.) Now tap the view icon (the eye) and confirm that the heart/flower turns red on the screen indicating that the Cricut will be cutting the image. Any image in grey is where the images overlapped and were welded. Those areas SHOULD NOT be cut by the Cricut.

I hope these instructions help. There is a little learning curve, but once you get it.... it's pretty easy. Now if I could just figure out my camera... at least how to keep my pinks pink! hahahahaha!

*** Cartridges Used: Gypsy Wanderings, Don Juan, Christmas Cheer

Comments

beautiful. I love the color choice.I stopped drinking coffee but after looking at this had to start :).
pam from thebugbytes
Anonymous said…
I love the card and thanks once again for sharing your talent!!

P.S. I just got the site's name, FUN and MENTAL changes! Girl, I am slow but I got it and you are right as you deliver both! LOVE IT!! Thanks!

Mercy!!!
FitterTwit said…
ahahahahaha! Mercy, you crack me up! Thanks so much to both you and BugBytes for the wonderful compliments! If you guys wanted to do that all day... I would let you! LOL!

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

The BEST Copic Storage

**** HUGE HALLOWEEN GIVE AWAY... CLICK HERE !!!!**** Ok, so I've done posts in the past about various Copic storage solutions, but I was given THE MOTHER of all storage ideas by my friends Jennie Black and Krista Koenig!!!   Let me share with you the construction of the storage box and then I'll finish this off with the BRILLIANT solution my husband came up with.... cuz I married a GENIUS!!! What you'll need to create the AWESOME storage box pictured here is: 1 Double Deep Art Bin 1 plastic grid for ceiling lighting (found at your local home improvement store) 1 half inch thick wooden square dowel (also found at your local home improvement store) Dimensional adhesive squares Wire cutters or sheers Screws with corresponding drill bit Drill So I first cut the ceiling grid down to 19 squares by 19 squares using my wire cutters.   You will need two 19 x 19 sections of grid material.   The wire cutters went through the plastic material of the grid like butter and I

Velcome To The Little Hop of HORRORS!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So I tried to make the title sound really spooky and ran out of room to include my evil laugh... hahaha! WELCOME HOPPERS! Are you thoroughly spooked and amazed? I know I am! You already know that today is the start of our Halloween celebration with a blog hop organized by my good friend Nicole of Canadian Nickel Scrap'n . If you're currently hopping, you should be arriving here from the Fabulous Eulanda's blog ... wasn't that Caramel Corn Box AWESOME?!? If you haven't arrived from Eulanda's blog and are just now joining us, hop to the bottom of this post for details on how the blog hop works. And now for my scary good fun before you head over to Gloria's blog on the next stop of this hop. Today I've got the "Welcome" sign that I will be hanging in my foyer this Halloween. I used my Simple Frame Gypsy cut file as well as the pumpkins and faces from the Pumpkin Carvings Seasonal Cricut Cartridge (just like the one I will be g