Skip to main content

To Hire or Not To Hire

This is a repost from my myspace blog from last year regarding MY thoughts on whether someone should hire a personal trainer to get in shape or not. Since that blog post, I had the incredible pleasure of meeting Heather of SmashFit.com... she founded this national service that actually matches you up with your perfect local fitness trainer based on YOUR needs. I call Heather the fitness cupid! I hope you enjoy this post and I will be sure to include a link at the end so that you can check out SmashFit.com too! :)
Ok, so I was asked some time ago (by a certain someone...you know who you are) who was wanting to tone up and get in shape, if she should hire a personal trainer; I thought I would take a minute and share my response.
Based on her needs (wanting to tone up and get in shape), my answer is YES! But why spend the money? Think of all the things in this life we invest in. We invest in cars, homes, other people. I don't understand why people think it crazy to invest in yourself. Most of the things we invest in are replaceable...our health is not. But this takes me to another question: how serious are you to get fit and tone? To lose weight? In all walks of life we pay professionals to do what we could do on our own....why? We could sell our own home, but we hire realtors. We could file our own paperwork for divorce, but we hire attorneys. We could do or learn to do our own oil changes, but we hire mechanics. I know the answer to this. It's because a professional (in most cases) can get the job done quickly, efficiently and most importantly: correctly. I cannot seem to grasp, in my own mind, why building our bodies should be any different.
Again, how serious are you? Where does your motivation lie? Every athlete has a coach. People who are genetically predisposed to perfect fitness, perfect form and get PAID (millions) to be that way have coaches. Come on! These people are fitness experts in their own right....THEY have trainers. What makes anyone believe that we are any less important or that our own fitness goals are any less important. The great news is we do not get paid to be in shape. And unlike the professional athletes, we do not have to pay a trainer for the rest of our career lives. We only pay them until we reach our goals and learn what we need to learn to maintain. It's a very short term investment and in my opinion, the best investment you can make.
FYI...personal training does not have to be terribly expensive. I just read a great article in Bella Online called Hiring A Personal Trainer that has really good information and a couple of tips on keeping the personal training from breaking your bank. Another good article I read recently was written by a personal trainer and might help you decide how you are motivated: Training Psychology and The Old Saying No Pain, No Gain. Good luck to everyone and I wish you all happiness and health. Here is the link to SmashFit.com... be sure to tell Heather FitterTwit sent you! ;) She's expecting you!

Comments

Past 7 Days....

MY VERY FIRST CRICUT CARTRIDGE GIVE AWAY!

Ok ... so the time has come. I've got some BRAND NEW, NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN THE PLASTIC Cricut Cartridges to give away over the next couple of months and it starts with one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES...... Hannah Montana! YAY! I LOVE this cartridge! It's got the most beautiful guitar images along with musical notes and FIVE fonts! I used the regular font and the rock star font to create my Father's Day card this year (see above). I also used the Hannah Montana cart (see below) to create a beautiful butterfly (FREE Gypsy cut file HERE ), and am currently working on a project using the gorgeous solitaire diamond. There's a rose and lips and decorative hearts, even a Pegasus ! There's just so much on this cartridge.... I use it a lot! To call this a "font" cartridge is terribly misleading. It's been a long time favorite and now I'm THRILLED to be able to give it away to one of my awesome readers! So here's how to win: Become one of my follower

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Blog Hop

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!  IT'S HERE!!!  Breaking Dawn pt. 2 opens today and we're kicking the fun off with a Twilight Breaking Dawn Blog Hop!!!!  You should be arriving from Kelli's blog.  Isn't her tag AWESOME!?!?!   If you're just now joining the hop, you WILL want to start the hop at the beginning... trust me, you don't want to miss anything from this group of talented ladies.  Here's the whole hop list: Alison Laura Rebecca Kelli ME<== You Are HERE!!! Sugar Stephanie And now for MY project.... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY BLOG CANDY AT THE END!!! Here's my Twilighty keepsake box!!!  I had an absolute BLAST making this box and will be using it to hold all my pictures from Forks and La Push as well as pics from the various premiere parties I've attended/hosted over the years. This originally started out as a faux book box.  I painted the spine black using acrylic paint and covered the rest using paper from the DCWV Immortal Love

The Inventor Of the TV Dinner Should Be Slapped!

Close observation of my eating shows that I can scarf my tuna casserole at an alarming rate. I sit in front of the TV to eat my dinner and 5 minutes later I am pushing the plate away with little to no memory of ever have eaten. That is interesting to me because, you see, I LOVE FOOD! I also LOVE being thin. These facts SHOULD come to life by the knowledge that if I took smaller bites and chewed thoroughly , not only would I get to enjoy my food that much longer, but I would also be burning more calories (yes, the activity of chewing burns calories!!!!)! And on top of THAT amazing knowledge, my body would also be able to process the food I eat much better therefore more of the food I consume would be utilized to help build my lean mean body. So what the heck is up???? Why DON'T I slow down my eating knowing all these amazing benefits? What's causing this little glitch? Those are the very questions I asked myself at the start of this year. I knew the answer before I ever wrote th